Kelly Anne Frischholz | Victoria English
For over a thousand years head massage, or 'champissage' as it is known in India, has been practised with the knowledge having been handed down through many generations. In modern India head massage continues to play a regular part in every day family life and is considered to be very significant in stress management.
This scalp stimulation, combined with the use of carefully selected natural vegetable oils, helps in part to explain the rich healthy hair of many Indian women. In today's stressful climate the effect on the hair takes second place to the additional benefits that Indian Head Massage can offer in alleviating stress and tension. In this country the use of oils is not integral to the treatment; that is entirely up to the client.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE CAN HELP:
- Alleviate stress and revitalise
- Relax muscular tension helping to relieve headaches
- Improve concentration
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage helping to remove toxins and boost the immune system
- Stimulate and improve circulation to the scalp which helps to improve the condition of the hair
- Rebalance the energy flow in the body